206.826.5160

Speak with an attorney

Fatalities in Car Accidents – Wrongful Death Claims

Fatal Auto Accident

Fatalities in Car Accidents – Wrongful Death Claims

The most tragic car accident claims that we handle involve persons who pass away in the accident. Many times roll over accidents or large collisions with large trucks result in fatalities on Washington highways and roads, often due to someone else’s negligence. If a family member is killed in an accident, the victim is no longer able to speak for him or herself and must rely on family, friends and a personal injury attorney to speak on behalf of the deceased.
According to the statistics kept by the Washington Traffic Safety Council, 332 people were killed in traffic accidents between 2008 and 2012. These numbers were released in 2013 and also show that 14% of those accidents involved pedestrians. The remaining 86% were truck and car accidents, including single vehicle accidents when vehicles left the road.
If your family suffers the devastating loss of a loved one to a negligence driver, there are some initial steps that must be taken. First, we look to see if an autopsy is performed by a medical examiner to help us determine how the death occurred. If someone suffers before death, damages may be sought for pre-death pain and suffering. We also can help you open an estate for the deceased and get someone assigned to pursue the claims on behalf of the deceased.
We know that this is a difficult time for you and that the insurance companies will be contacting you. Give us a call if you have questions or are seeking representation after a loved one is killed in a car accident or is hit by a car. Our Washington roads and highways are dangerous places at times, especially as we move into the rainier parts of the year.

Related Posts

Show Buttons
Share On Facebook
Share On Twitter
Share On Google Plus
Share On Linkdin
Hide Buttons